We're still looking for a Port Neighborhood StreetworkerBy
The Margaret Fuller Neighborhood House in collaboration with the Port Action Group seeks an experienced Street Worker for the Port/Area 4 neighborhood of Cambridge. Under the direction of the Margaret Fuller House and representatives of the Port Action Group, the Port Streetworker will be a link to youth and young adults (17-32) not associated or connected to services and opportunities present in the community.
The Streetworker will assess the skills and needs of this population, make referrals and manage on-going relationships with individuals throughout their contact with services. The primary focus will be 22-32 year olds with services for 17-21 year olds focusing on referrals to appropriate services.
Reports to: The Executive Director of the Margaret Fuller Neighborhood House.
Receives Guidance from: Port Action Group
- Engage street involved youth and young adults including court involved, homeless, gang involved and formerly incarcerated to develop intentional relationships that push them to lead positive change for themselves and their community;
- Assess skills and needs, make appropriate referrals and assist with accessing services (substance abuse treatment, housing advocacy, GED, job training, job readiness, Rapid Employment, other);
- Follow-up and support after referrals have been made;
- Manage on-going relationships (with 22-32 year olds) throughout their contact with services. This includes job-coaching, resume writing and following up with referral sources.
- Maintain comprehensive statistics and case records
- Attend supervision and trainings.
- Write reports and provide a summary of statistics quarterly and as needed.
- Streeworker hours need to be flexible on weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Work closely with Area 4 Community Coordinator to develop relationships with referral sources;
- Develop relationships with city/state based services and programs to support outreach and referrals in
- Develop and maintain consistent relationships with referral source
- Previous street outreach experience;
- Ability to relate to youth and young adults;
- Extensive knowledge of Port/Area 4;
- Ability to access community resources;
- Good computer skills: Word and Excel
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work autonomously and to work with less structure;
- Sensitivity to issues of racial and cultural diversity, sexual orientation, gender, etc…
- Understanding of professional and personal boundaries;
- Openness to training and feedback;
- Sense of humor, integrity and common sense;
- Ability to work evenings and weekends. (Flexibility is essential)
This is a full-time position with benefits and an annual salary of $36,000-$40,000, commensurate with experience. Please submit a cover letter and resume to: Barbara Kibler, firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to The Margaret Fuller House, 71 Cherry Street, Cambridge, MA 02139.